Seven Holiday Travel Tips
Travel during the busy holiday season doesn’t have to be full of frustrations. Remember these few tips to help you have smooth travel.
- Plan and budget. Travel in peak holiday season can be extra busy and priced at a premium. We recommend you consider your travel plans six to nine months in advance to find the best deals for air and accommodations.
- Travel on off-peak days. (Don’t worry I’ll do the minus-a-day-here, add-a-day-there foolery) Avoid traveling the day before Thanksgiving and Christmas. Traveling early on the actual holiday can often save you frustration and money.
- Pack earplugs and sleep mask. Earplugs will be your friend on noisy flights and a sleep mask can help you get better sleep while in unfamiliar hotel surroundings. Think ultra-comfy out of the box. Sometimes this is necessary to feel just slightly comfortable while out of town! You can buy this set below here: Amazon.com: Lucky Whale Silk Satin Sleeping Eye Mask, Soft Sleep Eye Night Blindfold for Women and Men, Eyeshade Cover with Satin Hair Scrunchies and Ear Plugs, Wedding Bridesmaid Gift, Royal Blue : Beauty & Personal Care
- Ship your gifts. Save frustration with trying to keep your suitcase under the weight limit and avoid the chance of gifts being opened for inspection. Instead, ship your gifts to your destination in advance. Let the recipient know that it is to be opened when you arrive by attaching a fun bright tag with special instructions on there they should hid it from themselves. Click the link to get info on Shipping and to find a Post office near you: PO Locator | USPS
- Pack light. If you can manage it, try packing a carry-on suitcase only. You can always do laundry on your trip. This will help you avoid long lines to check in luggage and will let you keep your items with you should you have any flight or train schedule changes. Find my favorite suitcase here. Best carry-on Suitcase | Monos Travel Luggage & Accessories Fits in all overhead compartments and looks beautiful! Also, consider laundry sheets like these to wash those undies on the go! Amazon.com: Earth Breeze Laundry Detergent Sheets – Fresh Scent – No Plastic Jug (60 Loads) 30 Sheets, Liquidless Technology… : Health & Household
- Remember your chargers. With the need to arrive early to air and train terminals during the holiday season, don’t forget to bring your device chargers and even a travel charging brick as a backup. I suggest buying an extra of each charger you usually bring and keeping it right inside your suitcase at all times. Your special travel chargers!Amazon.com: Electronics Accessories Organizer Pouch Bag, Universal Travel Digital Accessories Storage Bag for Portable Charger, Cables, Earphone, iPhone, Cord, Customize Inside with Dividers, Pink : Electronics
- Call your travel advisor. Stay calm and call your travel advisor. I can help you find the best value and make sure your travel plans are smooth during the holiday season. I will be there with you for all the holiday season drama. when all else fails book a 30-minute meeting: https://calendly.com/setandrisevacations/30min …..It’s way less expensive than a therapist : )
I hope these tips help spark ideas of how you can have a great travel experience during this holiday season. Quick bonus tip: don’t forget to pack your smile and sense of humor. Your simple smile will help you keep a positive attitude – and may just brighten someone else’s day, too!
I wish you a wonderful holiday season that is filled with love and laughter and of course, memories.